Tuesday, October 11, 2011

But I don’t have time



There are a lot of excuses for not starting a business or following your dreams, but the most common one I hear is ‘but I don’t have time’.

To which I normally want to scream ‘Bollocks’ – but here is the politer version.

When you say you don’t have time we need to break that down.

Are you spending too much time commuting? – then move closer to work or find a job closer to where you live.

Do you spend too much time on housework? – then take the old midwives advice about taking care of a newborn and only keep a couple of rooms clean for when visitors come and let the rest go to seed.

Are you always worrying? – then find a way to simplify or declutter your life and your thoughts.

Everybody I know who gets a business up and going has found the time do so. Same with wannabe writers, moviemakers, models, actors, inventors, etc.

So don’t tell me you don’t have time, money or the skills. Find a way to make it work.

You don’t have time to not have time.

No comments:

Post a Comment